VITAL-C is a highly-efficient liposomal vitamin C 1000 mg (1 g) in the patented LIPOSHELL®* technology.
VITAL-C is characterized by high vitamin C content in the liposome.
MAINTENANCE OF A CONSTANT LEVEL OF VITAMIN C
The LIPOSHELL® technology makes it possible to obtain a very high effectiveness in vitamin C transport in the body. The LIPOSHELL® liposomes are tiny carriers, homogeneous in size**. They are similar to cell membranes in the human body and therefore they are non-toxic and biocompatible.
Vitamin C can be long-term and stably enclosed inside high-quality LIPOSHELL® liposomes which effectively penetrate to the target location – inside of the cell.
*international application no: PCT/EP2018/057400
**170 nm +/- 15% (batch number 010817)
WHAT DIFFERENTIATES VITAL-C FROM A TRADITIONAL FORM OF VITAMIN C?
The use of the patented LIPOSHELL® liposomal technology in the VITAL-C formulation allows:
high quality of liposomal vitamin C,
prolonged and stable encapsulation of vitamin C,
the proper amount of vitamin C (increased bioavailability),
transport of vitamin C in unchanged form (protection against degradation-inducing factors (e.g. oxygen, gastric juice, digestive enzymes),
easier penetration of vitamin C into the specific organs/tissues (targeted transport),
long-term maintenance of high level of vitamin C in the target area.
HOW DOES VITAMIN C WORK?
contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress*,
contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of skin, bones, blood vessels, gums and teeth
increases iron absorption
contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system
contributes to normal function of the immune system
contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
* Main causes of oxidative stress 1, 5:
- stress, living in a state of a nervous tension;
- intense, regular physical activity;
- environmental pollution (e.g. pesticides, heavy metals);
- excessive exposure to sunlight (intensive sunbathing);
- stimulants (e.g. smoking, alcohol abuse);
- improper diet – e.g. highly processed foods, fried, burnt, smoked meat, foods high both in fats and carbohydrates;
- certain medications, e.g. contraceptives, glucocorticosteroids, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
The person’s age is also important because the body’s defense mechanisms against the excess of free radicals weaken significantly over the years.
- Birben E. et al., Oxidative Stress and Antioxidant Defense, World Allergy Organization Journal, 2012;5(1):9–19
- Pharm-Huy et al., Free Radicals, Antioxidants in Disease and Health, International Journal of Biomedical Science” 2008; 4(2):89–96
- Rahal A. et al., Oxidative Stress, Prooxidants and Antioxidants: The Interplay, BioMed Research International 2014, vo., 2014, Article ID 761264, 19 pages
- Kanner J. et.al., Redox homeostasis in stomach medium by foods: The Postprandial Oxidative Stress Index (POSI) for balancing nutrition and human health, Redox Biology 2017; 12: 929–936
- Lobo V. et al., Free radicals, antioxidants and functional foods: Impact on human health, Pharmacognosy Review 2010; 4(8):118–26
- Pullar J. et al., The Roles of Vitamin C in Skin Health, Nutrients 2017; 9(8): 866, doi:10.3390/nu9080866.
WHEN IS IT ADVISABLE TO USE VITAL-C?
Vitamin C in VITAL-C may be widely used:
during the period of reduced immunity
by people exposed to chronic stressful stimuli
by people leading an intense lifestyle
after physical effort
as a „beauty vitamin” – vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation, which is the main component of the dermis 6, and in the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E
VITAL-C - THE HIGHEST QUALITY PRODUCT
VITAL-C is manufactured in compliance with the high quality standards, using innovative manufacturing processes which give it globally unique qualities.
The LIPOSHELL® liposomes are stable and have repeatable size. Phospholipids and other ingredients used in the manufacturing process are of high quality.
VITAL-C has been developed based on non-genetically modified ingredients. It contains no sugar, gluten, artificial colorants or preservatives. It is also allergen- free (does not contain any allergenic substances listed in Annex II to the Regulation 1169/2011). Suitable for vegetarians and vegans (the product does not contain any ingredients of animal origin).
The innovative LIPOSHELL® liposomal technology is inspired by molecular dynamics, which makes it the most modern and efficient nutrients carrier in the body.
HOW TO USE VITAL-C
One sachet of VITAL-C contains 1000 mg (1g) of vitamin C
Recommendations for use VITAL-C:
can be used in both adults and children (for very young children it is advisable to consult a pediatrician);
1 sachet once daily;
VITAL-C can be dissolved in a small amount of still water or consumed directly;
do not exceed the recommended daily intake;
the food supplement is not a substitute for a varied diet. A balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle are recommended;
pregnant, breast-feeding women, individuals with iron disorders should consult a doctor before use;
do not use in individuals with a predisposition to kidney stones formation or suffering from kidney stones;
vitamin C in a dose ≥1000 mg may cause mild stomach disorders in people with hypersensitivity. Hypersensitivity to any ingredient of the product is a contraindication for use.
VITAL-C For Skin Care
VITAMIN C FOR MAINTAINING THE NORMAL SKIN CONDITION
Vitamin C protects cells against oxidative stress. 3, 4, 5, 6
One of the factors damaging both the dermis and epidermis cells, as well as contributing to their degeneration, is oxidative stress. 6
Oxidation stress is the imbalance between oxidants and antioxidants in favor of the oxidants, potentially leading to damage.*
*Sies H. (2000) What is Oxidative Stress?. In: Keaney J.F. (eds) Oxidative Stress and Vascular Disease. Developments in Cardiovascular Medicine, vol 224. Springer, Boston, MA
The action of free radicals may interfere with the growth of tissues, change the metabolism and functioning of cells, destroy lipid and protein structures. The effect of their action on the skin is reducing its elasticity and weakening its defense mechanisms, which accelerates the aging process. 6
The causes of oxidative stress for the skin may include: excessive exposure to UV rays, stimulants (eg cigarettes, alcohol), chronic medicines used, or psychological stress. 3, 4, 5
Vitamin C has anti-oxidant properties. 6
Vitamin C stimulates the collagen formation, which is often called the “protein of youth”. 7, 8, 9
Collagen – a structural protein with high resistance to mechanical, physical and chemical factors. Collagen fibers form an ordered spatial structure, thanks to which they constitute a kind of scaffolding for organs, tissues, blood vessels – also for the skin. 7, 8, 9
About 40% of the total collagen of the body is found in the skin, where it accounts for nearly 70% of the weight of all skin proteins. Most are located at the level of dermis. 9
An important feature of collagen is the ability to bind water. Due to adequate hydration, protein fibers of the dermis retain their structure and properties. The skin is then taut and elastic. High content of water in the epidermis and dermis is the key to its proper functioning, because biochemical reactions occur in the aquatic environment.9
Vitamin C is essential for the synthesis of collagen. 10
Vitamin C helps to restore the proper function of the skin by stimulating the production of collagen.
Healthy physiological skin:
regulates sebum production, sebum oxidation, skin pH, which may limit the appearance of spots or discolorations, 7
stimulates the synthesis of the right amount of ceramides, lipid compounds present in the stratum corneum, which support the proper moisturizing of the skin, 6
normalizes the production of melanin, the excess of which can lead to discoloration. 7
- Jabłońska S., Chorzelski T. ; Skin diseases for students and doctors.
- Bochenek A., Reicher M. ; Human anatomy volume V.
- Birben E., Sahiner U.M., Sackesen C., Erzurum S., Kalayci O.; Oxidative stress and antioxidant defense; World Allergy Organization Journal 2012; 5:9–19.
- Pham-Huy L., He H., Pham-Huy Ch.; Free radicals, antioxidants in disease and health; International Journal of Biomedical Science 2008; 4 (2): 89-96.
- Rahal A., Kumar A., Singh V., Yadav B., Tiwari R., Chakraborty S., DhamaK.; Oxidative stress, prooxidants, and antioxidants: the interplay; BioMedResearch International 2014; Article ID 761264; 1-19.
- Pawlaczyk M., Korzeniowska K., Rokowska-Waluch A.: Vitamin C and skin, Contemporary Pharmacy 2012; 5:174-17.
- Juliet M. Pullar et al.; The Roles of Vitamin C in Skin Health; Nutrients. 2017 Aug; 9(8): 866. Published online 2017 Aug 12. doi: 10.3390/nu9080866.
- Kwak JY et al; Ascorbyl coumarates as multifunctional cosmeceutical agents that inhibit melanogenesis and enhance collagen synthesis; Arch Dermatol Res. 015 Sep;307(7): 635-43. doi: 10.1007/s00403-015-1583-x. Epub 2015 Jun 16.
- Morąg M., Burza A.; Structure, Properties and Functions of Elastin and Collagen in the Skin; Journal of Health Study and Medicine, 2017, nr 2, ss 77-100.
- Telang PS. ;Vtamin C in dermatology; Indian Dermatol Online J., 2013, Apr-Jun; 4(2): 143–146.
- International aplication no: PCT/EP2018/057400.
- Łukawski M., et.al.; Pharmacological and pharmacokinetic studies of oral liposomal Vitamin C formulated with LipoShell® technology compared to the free form; Journal of Liposome Research, 07’2019.
- 170 nm+/-15% (batch number: 010817)
1. Jabłońska S., Chorzelski T. ; Skin diseases for students and doctors.
2. Bochenek A., Reicher M. ; Human anatomy volume V.
3. Birben E., Sahiner U.M., Sackesen C., Erzurum S., Kalayci O.; Oxidative stress and antioxidant defense; World Allergy Organization Journal 2012; 5:9–19.
5. Rahal A., Kumar A., Singh V., Yadav B., Tiwari R., Chakraborty S., DhamaK.; Oxidative stress, prooxidants, and antioxidants: the interplay; BioMedResearch International 2014; Article ID 761264; 1-19.
7. Juliet M. Pullar et al.; The Roles of Vitamin C in Skin Health; Nutrients. 2017 Aug; 9(8): 866. Published online 2017 Aug 12. doi: 10.3390/nu9080866.
8. Kwak JY et al; Ascorbyl coumarates as multifunctional cosmeceutical agents that inhibit melanogenesis and enhance collagen synthesis; Arch Dermatol Res. 015 Sep;307(7): 635-43. doi: 10.1007/s00403-015-1583-x. Epub 2015 Jun 16.
9. Morąg M., Burza A.; Structure, Properties and Functions of Elastin and Collagen in the Skin; Journal of Health Study and Medicine, 2017, nr 2, ss 77-100.
10. Telang PS. ;Vtamin C in dermatology; Indian Dermatol Online J., 2013, Apr-Jun; 4(2): 143–146.
11. International aplication no: PCT/EP2018/057400. More information about patented technology on www.lipoteq.eu
12. Łukawski M., et.al.; Pharmacological and pharmacokinetic studies of oral liposomal Vitamin C formulated with LipoShell® technology compared to the free form; Journal of Liposome Research, 07’2019.
13. 170 nm+/-15% (batch number: 010817)
*The food supplement is a foodstuff which purpose is to supplement a normal diet. The food supplement has no medicinal properties. In the case of deficiencies, additional supplementation with these components should be considered, preceded each time by tests of the level of these substances in the body, followed by consultation with a doctor or dietician. All information relating to the substances, their function, occurrence, and characteristics, etc. have been prepared on request of PRO-VITA. The information presented herein is a subjective selection made by PRO-VITA to explain or help understand the product components and their function, among other things. However, this information on vitamin C is not exclusive.
If you have not found the information you need, we encourage you to contact us and forward suggestions that will enrich this material.
STUDIES OF QUALITY OF LIPOSHELL® TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS
LIPOSHELL®* technology products are manufactured in compliance with the highest quality standards, using innovative manufacturing processes which give them globally unique qualities.
Quality of our products is subjected to regular controls both during the manufacturing process and in independent microbiology laboratories.
VITAL-C meets both PN-EN 7218:2008/A1:2013–10 standards and the Pharmacopoeia, edition X, as appropriate for oral formulations. Meeting the above requirements ensures proper quality of pharmaceutical raw materials, foodstuffs and medicinal products, which in turn guarantees quality and safety of their use.
*LIPOSHELL® – the patented technology- international application no PCT/EP2018/057400
THE HIGHEST QUALITY OF LIPOSHELL® LIPOSOMES SUPPORTED BY RESEARCH STUDIES
LIPOSHELL® liposomes are the effect of many years of research by a multidisciplinary team of Polish scientists.
LIPOSHELL® liposomes are characterized by the highest quality, optimum and homogeneous size and high stability, which have been confirmed in studies.
LIPOSHELL® LIPOSOMES ARE CHARACTERISED BY AN OPTIMUM SIZE
Liposomes manufactured in the LIPOSHELL® technology are tested with the use of the dynamic light scattering technique on the Malvern ZetaSizer NanoZS device that determines the hydrodynamic diameter of liposomes. Measurements were performed at Lipid Systems Ltd. and confirmed at the Department of Biomedical Engineering, Wrocław University of Science and Technology.
Each manufactured batch of VITAL-C is characterised by the size of liposomes whose mean size is 170 nm +/- 15%.
LIPOSHELL® LIPOSOMES ARE HOMOGENEOUS IN SIZE
In addition to size distribution, testing by the dynamic light scattering (DLS) technique assesses VITAL-C also for homogeneity of the liposome population. Correlation function (orange points on the chart) is calculated on the basis of light scattering measurements. The model function is fitted to the measurement points obtained. If the function overlaps well with the measured points, this demonstrates that liposomes are homogeneous and well characterised. The polydispersity index for VITAL-C is less than 0.15. The index value ranges from 0 to 1. The higher its value, the less homogeneous are the liposomes.
VITAL-C has the most homogeneous liposome population among the tested products available in the market. The studies were performed at Lipid Systems Ltd. and confirmed at the Department of Biomedical Engineering, Wrocław University of Science and Technology.
LIPOSHELL® LIPOSOMES ARE CHARACTERISED BY HIGH QUALITY
Comparative studies on commercial, best-selling products available globally, conducted in parallel at Lipid Systems and at the Department of Biomedical Engineering, Wrocław University of Science and Technology indicate that LIPOSHELL® technology makes it possible to obtain liposomes that are smallest in size and most homogeneous . Competitive products, manufactured by recognised international companies (including companies from USA), have liposomes at least twice their size.
VITAL-C PROVIDES HIGHER BLOOD LEVELS OF VITAMIN C, MAINTAINED LONGER THAN WITH THE CONVENTIONAL ORAL FORM
VITAL-C – high-performance, liposomal vitamin C in the patented LIPOSHELL® technology makes it possible to obtain higher absorption of vitamin C and a prolonged half-life in the bloodstream. The study was conducted in healthy volunteers in the Regional Specialist Hospital, Research and Development Centre in Wrocław. Concentrations were analysed by HPLC and UV-VIS detection on the basis of literature methods of proper collection of blood samples for vitamin C analyses. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition (2007) 61, 1233–1236; doi:10.1038/sj.ejcn.1602655; published online 7 February 2007.